Friday, September 5, 2014

And so the craziness begins..................

I'm not sure that is a correct statement since I don't think the craziness EVER STOPS at our house!  I have to say that I LOVE IT!!!!!     I always laugh when people say - you are so busy!  Well - I could be busy like mad on a desert island with nothing else but palm fronds to weave or tree houses to build, fire wood to gather. That is just my nature!!!!!   If I stop - I will die!

Last night was the first meeting of the Mississauga Quilter's Guild. I was pumped!!!!   So exciting to get back and see everyone.  It was crazy!  I picked up two of the community out reach quilts to quilt this month. I might warm up with those later today. Just to get back in the swing of things before I tackle a customer quilt. Sorry Barrie!!!!

Mary and I are in charge of the Block of the Month. We had such an amazing turnout last year - everyone worked so hard and we saw some amazing quilts.  Check out this link if you want to refresh your memory at the results of that program. We saw one more finished quilt last night, but DUH - in all the excitement of getting ready - I left my camera at home.

Anyway - we figured that everyone had worked very hard last year so this year we would give them a break - well kind of.  Each month we have chosen a shape - this month it is squares. Each month those that are participating in the program will receive a hand-out (created by me) with some basic ideas for different layouts and settings.  The idea is to use up those pre-cuts, fat quarter bundles, novelty prints or yardage.  No need to hit the quilt store unless you need borders, binding or backing or maybe something to tie those squares together.   We were the program last night as we explained what we are up to and we had a lot of samples to show everyone!   What fun - I think the members were energized - I know I was at the end of it!  Didn't get to sleep until almost midnight!!

So if you aren't a member - you might want to join. This is for guild members only!


Then off to spin class this morning!   Yeah - so nice to get back into that routine, although every time the instructor said we are climbing hills, my mind wandered back to the Cabot Trail!   I swear I can visualize EVERY INCH of North Mountain. Funny - but I do NOT remember the climb up French and I've climbed it three times!  But the descent - oh yes - I remember the descent.

Check out this link to see my descent of Smokey Mountain a couple of years ago.   No idea how fast I was going - this is one place - you do NOT look at your speedometer.  No one needs to know they are going that fast on a bike and you certainly NEVER contemplate the consequences of a crash at that speed.



And check out this one to see some guy's decent of North Mountain - also a couple of years ago.  Notice the speed and the fact that the guy in front is NOT pedaling.  It is very hard to appreciate the grade of the road in the video - let's just say it is STEEP on all of them.


Here is my license plate collection to date from the Row by Row Experience.  I know there are more coming - just need to see the people that picked the plates up for me!!!!   There were 28 in Ontario and so far - I got 15.  Yes - I could have each of the remaining stores mail them to me (IF they even have any left) but it was much more fun to arrange to have someone go pick it up on their travels!!!!!

And look at the awesome bag that Mary made me!!!!    Cool bicycle fabric and look there is the highway with my bike and a Canadian flag!!!!!   I love it - I love these giant bags - you can put tons in them and I must say that my other two like this are kind of occupied at the moment - so now I have a new one to carry around!!!!    Thanks Mary!!!!   I LOVE IT!!!!!


I was trapped in my house yesterday.  Well - I had to wait for the courier to come and pick up something and then wait for something else to be delivered.  Ronda stopped by and she brought me this package that has been sitting at Ruti's for a while.   The only thing I will say about the package at this point is that it came from Switzerland.  I will reveal what is in the package tomorrow - I want to show Ruthi first since her daughter helped me acquire it!!!!


A mystery package - but what is inside is so cool!
Classes are starting up everywhere and I have to get my butt in gear and get samples finished.  I have a class next weekend on STRIPED FABRIC and I spent yesterday getting one of the samples ready.  I won't show you until after the class, but this is partly what I was working on yesterday.  And it looks awesome, but got to get the thinking cap out since I only had ONE METER of fabric and I want a lap quilt from it.  Already got the plan laid out - now to hit the quilt store later today!!!!





Block for striped fabric class



And on that note - I have a crazy, busy day ahead of me, BUT at least I am back in the saddle and ready to rock n roll!!!!


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, that descent was crazy. Did your hands ache from braking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa - My hands still ache from that descent!!! Had to pump the brakes - there was no way you could keep holding.

      Delete