Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Events!


Not sure that I accomplished what I set out to do yesterday, but I am very happy with my progress.

I spent a LOT of time putting together a spread sheet to help me keep track of some logistic stuff for one of my groups.  I am not super familiar with making tables in Word, but I do OK.  Well at one point - the table just wouldn't do what I wanted. I got frustrated - I got mad and I DELETED the whole darn thing and started over.  I think it was way faster to do that than to try to fix my error!!!!   That reminds me of a story that my Dad told me years ago.  Someone he knew was using a fork lift to move something in his shop.  There was a bunch of windows leaning against the wall in the shop. Somehow he accidentially hit one of the windows and broke a couple of panes. He was so mad - he just rammed the entire pile and broke them all.  That story has stuck with me for years and I thought of it as I DELETED that table yesterday.

Anyway - it was a task that will make one of my administration jobs super easy so it was worth all the trouble of putting it together. I have one more to make, but now that I have the basic format down - it will be easy.  Yeah!!!!!   And LESS paper to deal with - I love that.



Can't put it off any longer - time to get working on the long arm.  I thought I would start with the community outreach quilts from the Guild. Hmmmm - opened up the first one and it was small. Much smaller than I thought it was. OK - that is a great one to start with.

Community project quilts - number one
 Then I opened up the next one and it was also small, but BIGGER than the previous one.


Community projects quilts - number two

Time to do errands.  We seem to have lost BOTH mail box keys for our community mail box.  Somehow we lost the first one years ago and never bothered to get a second one made.  Then the other day I went to get the mail and then POOF!  the key was gone. I have no recollection of what I did with it.   Ooops - I have searched every where - pockets of what I was wearing, piles of stuff and NO KEY.  So off to the mall to chat with the post office people.  She gave me a phone number to call - which I did - which directed me to the web site which I could have done myself without even going to the post office, but I look for places to go to ride my bike!!!  

Anyway - one of the things they say on the web site about lost keys - if you lose one - you should get a duplicate made and you can do that at any key making place. AHA - that would have solved my problem.  Having it on my key ring would also help to not lose it. And it was on my key ring for years, but since I was away this summer - I took it off.   OK - lesson learned!!!! It is going to cost $30 to get new keys!!!!

Stopped at the dollar store on recommendation from a couple of quilters to look at disposable cutting boards and place mats as items that can be used for templates for quilting.  Yes - they would both work, but I still have template plastic at home so I didn't buy anything.

Went next door to Homesense - they always have new interesting stuff and YES - they had a new bicycle pillow which I had to buy.  I know - getting a bit obsessive about it, but so what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Bike pillows - got one more but not in this picture!

And a couple of journals with bicycles on the covers.  I know - that too is an obsession.  However it all fit in the basket for the ride home. 

Since I was near the mall - I HAD to take pictures of the construction progress.  I did take a couple pictures the other day which I never had a chance to post.


This is from INSIDE the mall looking at the bottom of the big glass ball

This is what it looked like a couple of days ago

And this is what it looked like yesterday - the structure of the ball is almost complete.   
I have to say that from the outside the ball looks a big whimpy and out of place, but it will bring all kinds of light inside the mall.  Just not sure I understand the concept of that ball!


If you are looking for something to do - here are a couple of events to think about...............


A FIBRE ART show - check it out - it is in Burlington.   I do hope to get there. Got to look at the times and see if there is some space in my calendar.


It is official - I am a member of the Mississauga Cycling Advisory Committee.  We had a meeting last night and of course the 7th Annual TOUR DU MISSISSAUGA is coming up on September 21.  If you are afraid to cycle on the streets of the city - this is a super opportunity to see what it is all about.  There are 15 K, 30K, 60K, 100K and 120K  rides.  I don`t think I will be riding as I will be volunteering, but I hope to do the ride on my own as I was VERY surprised last year at the number of cycling routes in the city.  Who knew!!!!!  


T-shirt from last year.   This year is purple but I don`t have one yet. 

And I found my bike trip for next summer!!!!!   A lady was there presenting on a cycling project in ONTARIO and I think it will be fun.  Short - but that is OK.  I'm in!!!!!

There was one more event that I wanted to post about - BUT it is gone with the wind!!!!!   Almost finished To Kill a Mockingbird.  OK - so I had NO IDEA even what the book was about and part of me is afraid to  finish it - how will it end?????   Book club is tomorrow night and I have 60 pages left.  Should be no problem for that.

And thanks to those that responded about the needlepoint canvas - it is gone and I think I have a home for the quilting frames as well.   Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   If I find anything else - I will let you know.

On that note - another wild and whacky day ahead of me.  I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!   (Just zipped to Tim's on my bike.  I thought - should I drive or take the bike? - well let's just say that it was WAY FASTER on the bike. There was NO line up inside, but big line in the drive through and it was fun and my heart got racing and well - it was FUN!!!!!!)


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment