Thursday, September 11, 2014

Road trip!


What a wild day!  Had a great time with the embroidery ladies. Yes - I have now relocated my embroidery - I finished another block (a small one) yesterday - close to finishing another and after that - there are 9 or 10 blocks to go.   YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!   If I am lucky (or if I pushed) - I might actually get the top done before Christmas???   Really?   I doubt it!!!   Let's be realistic!

Mary brought this quilt to share with us...............


The blocks came from the Saturday Sampler or $10 quilt (whatever they call it) at The Quilt Rack in Ancaster.  This was the project for 2014. Then Mary embroidered the alternate blocks - some of which she did at my house!  

It is gorgeous!!!!!   Nicely done Mary!!!!!

Mary was on a road trip in the US and look what she brought me!!!!!    Yep - a license plate from Michigan and one from Illinois.  She had bought a third one, but it had not received it yet.  Guess what came in her mail yesterday?   Yup - the third license plate!!!  Oh well - I'll get it later.   Not that I am rushing to do anything with these at the moment.




It would appear that there are a LOT of people waiting for their license plates to be delivered. It was such a brilliant idea - people went crazy and I think we proved to the quilt stores that quilters are very obsessive and like to collect pretty things that have no real purpose in life!!!!


After everyone left - I got back to work on my striped quilt workshop.   More cutting, not much sewing. I will be sewing today.   I think I have lots prepared. And then I spent a LOT of time trying to get the rest of my calendar organized for the rest of the year.  New samples to sew, dates to book, class write-ups.  Yikes - I am almost done.  I think I have one e-mail to send and then I am done the administration part.  Then the sample sewing begins and prepping the hand outs.  Oh yes - I need to make my life easy and teach only one thing!   But that would be boring!!!!


M came home from school early and while I was working, I had a brain storm.  HEY - why don't we go to that fibre art show that I posted about yesterday.  The gallery is open until TEN PM  on Monday through Thursday. That would be a perfect use of the evening.  She said YES. We decided to treat ourselves and go out for dinner as well. She was in charge of finding a restaurant close to the gallery.  How about 5 minutes away????   Perfect. We were off..............


We went to Lettuce Love Cafe for dinner.  I know - it sounds like some love fest restaurant - well it is vegetarian/vegan but honestly - the food was awesome. We had avocado fries and then I had a grilled portobello sandwich and M had a veggie burger.  Organic beer for me, icky green juice for her and cookies and we were set.  It wasn't cheap!  But it was good.   Oh yes - if you go to the new quilt store I went to this week - Village Square Quilt shop - this restaurant is just around the corner. 

They had these signs on the floor................


Quotes from famous vegetarians - I loved this one. "Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.!"   And it was appropriate because it was raining last night.  




After our yummy dinner - we zipped off to the Art Gallery of Burlington.   There is no fee to see the show and what a show!!!!!   There were so many pieces of art - it blew us away.  We were there for several hours and was so fun to be there with M - she was as impressed as I was.   Each new piece brought new comments - new ideas - we were both so pumped when we left the show that we wanted to come home and just cut something up and experiment, but we were tired and both had early mornings so we went to bed!!!!    Had a hard time deciding which piece we liked best, but we did choose. 


And here is the link again to the show - Fibrations.   Like I said - the gallery is open until ten PM from Monday to Thursday.  It is well worth your time to visit. The gallery is open until 5 PM on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.   Check the web site for details. 


Oh yes - IF you go to the Art Gallery to see the show - I HIGHLY recommend that you purchase the catalogue ($5) BEFORE you see the show.   The artists statements are in the catalogue and some of the pieces are a bit abstract but have more meaning when you read the artists interpretation. The previous show catalogue (from 2012) is also available for $2.50. 






Oh yes - I remember the other event that I was going to tell you about.   This is the first anniversary of a sewing shop in Georgetown.   The Sewing Cafe is celebrating their first anniversary on Friday and Saturday.   They do have fabrics and notions and I do believe there is a slae. I must confess that I haven't been there yet and I hope to drop in on Friday afternoon to check it out!!!!!

On that note - I am out of here. Got a super sewing day ahead of me. 


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment