Friday, September 12, 2014

TGIF!

I cannot believe it is Friday today! Where did the week go?  I got a lot done, but boy - I would love to have a couple of extra days!

An awesome workout at the gym today.  Funny how some days you just put in that extra effort, sweat a bit more, pedal a bit faster, push a bit harder.  anyway - it was a great workout and that will make an awesome day!!!!

Yesterday was Thursday Therapy and I am always up for a day of sewing. I worked on stuff for my striped workshop that is tomorrow.  I am sewing like mad but just doesn't seem like I am sewing fast enough.  The class is going to be amazing.  However I have to get myself organized today or they are going to be overwhelmed. Guess I better make some kind of a hand out.

Here are some photos of what the ladies were working on yesterday................

Lynda finished her bargello anfd brought it in for show n tell. It is a gorgeous quilt.   If you remember my little bags - I used scraps from this quilt - but not Lynda's scraps. She barely had anything left over. 

Bag one from the bargello scraps

Bag two 

Bag three

Elaine was working on one of her Row by Row Experience rows.  This is English paper piecing or now affectionately known as HEXIES.  

Those fussy cut trees in the hexagons are awesome

Nelda made this over the summer.  It is from Tis the Autumn Season by Jeanne Large and Shelley Wicks.   Awesome quilt!!!!

Maria picked me up another license plate!   Yes - my collection is getting big. Got to find a plan for them all. 


The other day I was at Fabricland and picked up this Sewing Machine Mat.   I was using a piece of shelf liner for my machine at home and the other day I noticed that when I was sewing, the flip up lid of the sewing machine was bouncing.  I hadn't really noticed that before so not sure if the shelf liner wasn't doing its' job or what the problem was. Anyway - the mat was on sale so I bought it. Put it under my machine and no more bounce!!!!  


Sewing machine mat

They are on sale at Fabricland for $8.50.    I bought a second one (there are NONE at the Winston Churchill store, but lots at John Street store) to use when I go to retreats.  It doesn't stop the bounce from sewing on a plastic table, but it helps.

Went to book club last night.  Oh boy - what a great discussion we had about To Kill a Mockingbird.  Boy amazing how life has changed since the 1930s and YET there are some situations which haven't changed at all.  I took my knitting and got about 1/3 of one of my knitted squares done!  Yeah!!!!!   I am going to get that afghan done if it kills me.


I see by the weather this morning that it is time to dig out the fingerless gloves.  My hands are cold and when they are cold - well - they are not always happy. Gosh - it is only mid-September.

On that note - got to run - I've got some paperwork to take care of this morning and then loads to do this afternoon to finish prepping for the class.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment