Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Curvy!!


At last - it is departure day for the retreat. I have to admit that I am the least prepared for this retreat. I just grabbed current stuff - normally I am all prepped - strips cut (and I just realized that a bunch of strips that I did cut - are still hanging on the chair back behind me - ooops).  Anyway - I just threw fabrics into bags and a ruler. I do not like cutting at the retreat - but these are back up projects anyway - I have enough with the Amish with a Twist to probably keep me busy the entire time.

Well what would happen if we got snowed in for a couple of days?  Can't just sit around!

And as usual - I leave my studio in a huge mess.


What a disaster and the upstairs is looking no better!!!


I had a class yesterday - curved piecing. And look at the fabric choices............


Marlene was making a different quilt from the rest of the group. She used TWO layer cakes and a background fabric. Looks awesome!!!

Yvonne was using some neat greens and grays

Heather was into teals

Gail had some pretty funky colours and fabrics


Sorry - I can't show you the pattern as it is tucked into a bag somewhere - I hope to get a bit of those blocks done myself on the retreat!!!


Heather was also working on another project which she brought in to show us.


These are her blocks from an online sampler class. The fabric choices are pretty neat!!She bought a kit - I love the funky stuff. Not something I would go out and buy (not yet), but pretty cool!!!!

Heather's hexies! - These are made for one block - two strips of hexies!


Don't forget to check out QUILTSocial this morning.  A very exciting announcement today!!!   And at some point today - go back to this link to get the latest blog about the sewing machine and some awesome tips.


On that note - I am out of here to throw everything into the car and then I'm off.

Have a great day!!!


Ciao!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment