Friday, October 3, 2014

High!


I know I sound like a broken record, but I can't help it. Those early morning spin classes are the best. Such a HIGH!  There is a wattage output on the bike that calculates how many watts you generate in the class based on the speed and resistance.  My goal is to get between 500 and 600 watts. I think I made it to 530 today. That means a lot of sweating and hard work, but so worth it at the end. And then breakfast with the gym friends. What an awesome way to start the day.

BUT the day actually started BEFORE the spin class. I jumped out of bed this morning and in a HALF hour - I managed to cut a quilt out. OK - about 2/3 of the quilt got cut.
My  curved piecing project
I know - I just could not help myself and LOOK at those colours - oh yes - this is going to knock your socks off when it is done.  Don't worry - there are a couple of wild prints in the project as well. Bottom line - it is ready for sewing on Monday. I will cut the rest and finish sewing it at the retreat.


Yesterday was also a productive day. I zipped around and got a LOT of paperwork done. Such a good feeling. A few more e-mails to do today, blog posts to write and well - never a dull or down moment here. OK - let's not count the nap I had in the afternoon.  Oh yes - I need my nap - well sometimes I need the nap.

And I got the custom quilt done. Yeah!!!!!!!!! Got to trim that and get the next one on right away.


Customer quilt

As part of my paperwork - I had to make a label for a file folder.  Got to check the settings of that label maker. Look at how much WASTE label there is on both sides of the writing.  That is just ridiculous and I have to cut it off as it is too big for the tab.    HEY BROTHER - I like your label maker, but I don't want to waste that expensive label tape!!!!


Lots of waste on the labels!!!!!!!!!!!

Another road trip today - a short one as I have loads to get done here.

I have to say that when I started doing the spin classes - I hated them. I watched the clock (OK - so I still do), but I am so fired up by the end result that I NEED to go now!!!!!   So if you are hating your exercise routine - persevere or if you have been doing a routine for a while - try something else. !!!!

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment