Saturday, December 6, 2014

Let's get organized!


As I mentioned yesterday - it is that time of year when we reflect on what we did, what we want to do, blah blah blah.

As far as sewing goes, I did accomplish a lot this past year, but it would appear that the intake (new projects) is still "slightly" more than the out take (finished projects) - OK - I rarely finish projects so yes we have a huge problem here. And as big as my studio is - yes - I am running out of room and refuse to take over any more rooms in the house!

I seriously believe that if you do not write down your goals/objectives - nothing is going to happen. And I would suspect that I am not alone. So WE (that's right - you and me) are going to tackle this mess. No - we will never get it all done in our life time (seriously?????) but we can make a dent in the mess and have fun while doing it.

Here is your assignment for today. Get a notebook and a GOOD pen. By good pen - I mean one that works well. I was trying to write somewhere yesterday and my pen sucked, but it was the only one I had.  I was frustrated!!!!   So I bought a new pen which I'll show you tomorrow.

OK - you have the notebook and pen. Now I want you to think about the various areas of your life that you want to accomplish something in. Think sewing, quilting, health, fitness, gardening, house or whatever you want. Pick one of those areas - write down about five things you want to change/improve or just get done.

I remember chatting with one of my male colleagues years ago and he had ALL his personal goals outlined in the back of his agenda.  I was VERY impressed. My SIL  puts pictures on the fridge. They wanted to buy a truck so the picture of the truck went on the fridge - they had a goal and it was in sight (literally!). Yes - they did end up buying the truck.

I decided to treat myself to a manicure. Off I went and when I had to wait for my appointment - that is when I pulled out my book and wrote down some ideas. Anyway - when she asked me what colour - I said NO COLOUR. It chips too fast. Not if you get SHELLAC. Oh alright - I'll go for colour. And would you like rhinestones with that?  NO - oh what the hell - why not!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think?

If you are going to pay all that money - might as well go all the way!!!!

Even TWO teeny tiny rhinestones


I have to say that paying the extra for the Shellac is so worth it. In the past, I would have the nail polish smudged BEFORE I would even leave the building.  My nails look as perfect today and they did right after she finished with them. I'm sold - NO to polish - YES to Shellac.


I did manage to get some sewing done yesterday. At last - no one to bug me, no one on my case about getting something done (although I still have quilts to quilt before Christmas). It was a nice relaxing afternoon.

The studio is looking better, but not quite there yet!!!  And I think the shelf is coming along rather nicely. More on that once it is complete but I sure hope my new plan works.  I think it will. Only took TWO years!!!!!



A little cleaner than usual. And what is that bottle of wine doing in the middle of the table???  I should be drinking that just to keep me sane!!!

The other side of the studio!



And there you have it. Another crazy day!   Don't forget - get out your notebook and a GOOD pen. Write down the FIVE areas that you want to make improvements/headway in for 2015. Pick one and write about five things you want to do/improve/change or just get done!


On that note - I am out of here. Got a class to prep for this morning and then a "free" afternoon to get some sewing done and to hide the rest of the stuff!!

Have a great day!
Ciao!!



No comments:

Post a Comment