Monday, April 20, 2015

Quilter's hat trick!


Yesterday was a whirlwind day (OK - just like any other day).  I had TWO classes for free motion quilting. The day didn't start too well when at 8:50 (with people starting to arrive at 9:00 AM), I zipped to Tim's to get my tea. I backed into the driveway only to realize that I paid for the tea, got my cookie and left the tea at the restaurant. Seriously????   I even waved at the person at the window and said "have a good day!"  Obviously my brain was somewhere else!!!  

I had to go back and this time they were busier and I had to wait a bit. When I got back home at 9:05 AM, there was someone waiting for me!!!   The class didn't start at 9 thankfully!

It was one of those days when I was bustling around so much that my FitBit was having a hay day!!!!   Almost 15,000 steps and that is with the wrist one which means that I probably did a whole lot more!  No wonder my legs were tired when I went to bed!!!!

I think I am going to have to nick name my studio - the land of the living tables!  Cause you never know what condition they are going to be in!  Changes by the minute.

After the last class left, my sewing table looked like this. I was using it to put the stuff I needed for the class. ACK - I need to get some sewing done, so I tidied it up!

Sewing table - covered with crap

Neat and tidy and ready to work!!!!


In the morning before anyone came, I managed to get six more pet mats done and they were picked up before the end of the day.


Six more pet mats - gone!!!
I still have bags and bags of scraps and loads of pillow cases and sheets that have to be dealt with, but a little at a time!!!

Hmmm - should I take a day and do it all at once? Or should I do a little every day????   That is part of the subject discussed in that organizing book which I can't remember the title of. But some interesting concepts and the perspective is weird!!!!   I will do a book review in a day or two when I finish it.

Oh yes - this is a quilt that I finished yesterday morning as well.

Customer quilt - DONE!!!!
 But I now had a number of quilts that needed to have the binding on and there is nothing like a clean sewing table to make me want to put bindings on!!!!!

Binding number one....................

This is a customer quilt. See how they rolled the binding and it was a pain because the binding kept twisting!!!!

The binding is done - Number one!
 Then onto the next customer quilt that needed binding. Had to trim this quilt first. Notice how the binding was rolled!!!!   Those toilet paper rolls come in handy!!!!   This one didn't twist but it kept rolling off my lap!!


Binding

And second binding - DONE!!!!!


Then I had another quilt that needed binding. After I trimmed the quilt, I had to make the binding. This is a quilt that I am making for a customer.


My method for packaging the binding

Quilt number three  - done!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 By this time - it was getting late and my help had faded away!!!!  She is so cute and needs to be with people. But she also likes to be comfy. Normally that quilt is under the long arm and she will sleep there, so I moved the quilt for her to sleep on and she settled in quite nicely!!!


Little Sammy - fast asleep


And with that - I am on my way to Monday Mania!!!!  Yeah - I get to sit down today. I have figured out that a day of standing does not do good things for my leg pain. The only way to get rid of it is to lay down and well - what a waste of time that is. But good reading time!!!

The rest of the studio looks not so bad - I'll share with you later. But yes - it is definitely the land of the living tables.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!

Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You seem to spend a lot of time clearing off tables! Less time for quilting.... 😟

    ReplyDelete