Saturday, April 4, 2015

Sweet ride..............


I am mixed up!  Having a "holiday" on Friday has messed up my schedule. I think it is Sunday today. Ooh well - I am sure I will figure it out by the end of the day and then tomorrow will be a BONUS day!

It is time to cash in the winnings. Roll up the Rim is over once again and this is what I collected. I know - I wait until I can't get the contest cups any more (although last Monday, I was still able to purchase a contest cup from one location) - which I won't tell you about!

Ten free coffees (well tea for me) and four donuts (cookies for me)


I think that is on par with what I have won in previous years. OH MY GOD - I just checked my blog post with Roll up the Rim winnings from TWO previous years.  What a shocker!!!!   Check it out and then come back.


Did you see?????   It appears that I win the SAME number of things each time. Fourteen!!!!   That is hysterical!!!  I know - only I would care about that kind of thing.  I'm like a little kid - everything fascinates me.

I haven't been to Supperworks in ages. I had been going for years and then once I returned from my first bike trip - I stopped. I have no idea why - I just remember that when I came back from that trip (I was away for three or four weeks), that I got out of the routine (once a month) and never rebooked. I have been thinking about going for months and still couldn't make the effort to go. I have been so busy and really don't care for cooking so we haven't been eating as well as we should be.

Some of the ladies in the sewing group had talked about going and then someone found WagJag coupons to Supperworks (the same location that I used to go to). So I called and then "accidentally" booked an appointment and next thing you know - there I am back at Supperworks. Joe still owns the place, Gail still works there. I had a great time catching up on the news. Gail is now a cyclist and so we are going to go riding one day.  It was just super funny and destined to happen. I have more dates to book and some of them will be with the sewing ladies. Can't wait - it really is fun, it is easy - everything is chopped and ready to go. Couldn't get much easier than that. In one hour (even with the chatting), I was able to prepare SIX meals.


One meal (I split mine so technically I get 12 meals)
 You pop the meals in the freezer and then thaw the day you are going to make it.  I really liked all of the meals and they are easy to cook at home. And if you don't have the time to assemble the meals yourself - they will do that for you (for a price). Check it out!!!!   The menu switches around monthly.   Orders are 3, 6 or 12 meals (and if you split them - then you get 6, 12, or 24)


My Supperworks order


Do you remember that thing that I posted a picture of the other day?????


Did you figure out what it is?????


How about now???   It is a bike basket liner!!!   And I could not have picked a more perfect colour combination. My bike is white with turquoise blue trim and of course that brilliant orange on the inside. 


Well - if anyone could NOT see me with that orange lining - they would have to be blind or they were aiming for me!!!!  Had a few errands to do and well - the temperature was warm so I got out the bike. Wish I had time for a longer ride, but too much work at this moment in time. Although you will be happy to note that I had a customer drop off four quilts yesterday.  One needs to be done now (which we had already talked about and scheduled), the other three were unexpected and I told her September.  Oh yes - I am going to get the hang of this scheduling if it kills me!!!!

So here I am at the library. And I had to pick up something from a friend's house. Oh my goodness - I LOVE her new apartment/condo.  It is gorgeous and faces the right direction for sunlight and brightness. It is close by - I just love it!!!!  

Anyway - no need to worry about parking - I just ride right up to the drop box and drop my books at the library. Parked and locked my bike by my friend's front door. Yep - I love my sweet ride!!!!!!!!!!!!

My sweet ride!

Every time I go to a quilt show, I check out the books. There are always older books that people no longer want. This is the collection that I got from the Etobicoke Quilt show. A book on tie quilts, a book on mystery quilts, a couple of "gallery" books, one on buttons and one on the quilt retail market. NOPE - not opening a store, but thought it would have some interesting ideas.  I think I paid about $13 for all 6 books. Not a bad deal.


Recent additions to the library
 And a couple of weeks ago, I was at Value Village and found these books.........................
Books from Value Village  (4 books for less than $10)

However I need help.  I was certain that I already had the book in the lower right and when I got home and checked, I was right. I will redonate that book. But here is my issue - I need a list. And I have found the perfect person to help. Once I am back from my retreat, hopefully we can hook up so we can figure out a way to sort through this mess. I am very excited about that and can't wait to get it all organized.


Something else very exciting happened yesterday. Remember - it doesn't take much to get me excited. But I have been trying to download an audio book to my iPod. Stupid software says it doesn't see my iPod attached, yet I could see the iPod in iTunes. Go figure!  Well - I am happy to report that yesterday - everything worked beautifully and I now have a new audio book to listen to. I like to listen when I am loading the long arm and with a long drive coming up next week - I wanted a book to listen to.  Now I am in audio book heaven. I have a couple more on hold so hopefully they will come in before next week.

iPod - all loaded with a new audio book


However one thing happened yesterday that I am NOT happy about. This is the danger of leaving things too long. I have been shuffling projects from one spot to another as I make room for this class or that class. Well as I try to prep things for the retreat, I thought I could finish this Chubby Charmer bag.  Well - it would appear that the handles and all the small accessories, like the tag and velcro are MISSING!!!!!   Oh crap!!!!!    They are here somewhere, but probably got tucked into a bag or underneath something. At the time, I likely saw that they were being buried and said "oh don't worry - this is a good place - you will find it again!!!!"   I better kill that voice for future!!!!


Chubby Charmer bits - but no handles!!!


Found a few pictures of what the others did this past Monday. Have a look......................

Sorry - this first picture is from a class at the Hobby Horse. One of the students (and I can't remember who made the bag - was it Mary???)

Chubby Charmer made from jeans with pockets!!!   I LOVE IT!!!!!

Apparently she cut and trimmed and cut and trimmed and OOOPS - it is a "bit" smaller than the original!!!!


Now these are from Monday.

Joyce made a beautiful little flower pin at a recent guild meeting

The back - these are very cute and easy to make

Krstyna got two more blocks done for her Critters quilt by Brandy Wine

Second block for Critters quilt

Tish finished her woven totebag by Auntie's Two. It is gorgeous. The colours are awesome, but the front looks like a creature from the Muppets with those two buttons!!!!   Nicely done (as usual) Tish!!!!



On that note - I have a lot to do today, but making good progress on my list of things that HAD to be done before I leave next week. Still lots to do, but the pressure if off slightly????


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment