Saturday, April 18, 2015

What??????????????


So the day isn't starting off well.  I came downstairs - got some stuff prepped for my class, then it was time to walk the dogs. Hmmmmm - where have I put my glasses? Not that I need them to walk the dogs, but I see long distances better with them and I like to observe what is happening in the forest. And this time of year is cool as it comes alive for spring! the trilliums are just peeking through the ground.  I could not find the darn things so I went with the back up pair which is similiar to the regular pair.


Then once I was back in the house and came downstairs - there were my glasses sitting on the end of the long arm right in place sight!!!!   But I hand't looked there - I must have left them there last night.


Both pair of glasses

Because they are so similiar in appearance - I have my good pair on my head where hopefully I won't lose them before I have to leave for my class this morning.


My computer is driving me crazy this morning - the fan is running at full speed and is very noisy making it hard for me to concentrate. I hate that fan noise and while I appreciate that the fan has to be there - it doesn't have to run that noisy.  Perhaps I should look at cleaning some lint from the back of it.


BUT the worst - my camera card is damanged and I LOST all my pictures from the retreat!!!!!!!   NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!     I am not sure what happened, but it happened sometime on Tuesday or Wednesday.  I remember on Wednesday trying to show someone a picture from the retreat and I could't advance the pictures forward or backward. Well that is because the only picture registered on the card is the one I took that morning. ACK!!!!!!   OK - so this is why people download pictures on a regular basis and I do, but I hadn't had time to download the retreat pictures yet. I think those are the only ones that I lost - well I lost them all (lots of them), but mostly they were for blogging purposes and so they are uploaded on the blog.  

Something did happen to this card a while back when I tried to download an audio book - it downloaded to the camera card and now I have some weird files that I can't access. The weird thing is that the camera is registering that those pictures are still on the card - only from a storage number perspective.  Hmmm - I wonder if I call someone - is there any way to recover pictures from the card???????

Maybe I will try to download the card later and see what happens.   What a pain - some of those pictures were really fun and all the work that we did - well I will see what we can do.  Bottom line - I can't change anything so I am not fretting - it is just annoying.

Little Sammy is pretty lonely or she is trying to tell me something. Look at the collection of toys that she has deposited at my computer.  Come play with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Actually she doesn't play with those toys - she just needs them close for comfort!!!!   Yes - those are M's legs in the background - she does show up once in a while, but everyone will be back home by Monday morning.  ACK - I am so enjoying this quiet time!!!!!


Little Sammy with her toy collection!!!!


We did have embroidery this week and this is the quilt that Virginia is working on. It is hand appliuqe and she has embroidered around each component of the ballet bears with BLACK and it looks stunning.


Virginia's applique quilt
We had Thursday sewing this week and guess what - I forgot my camera at home. Although I did take pictures with my phone but haven't forwarded them to myself yet. Must do that today. I am definitely having photo problems this week!!!!

Yesterday was TWO classes of free motion quilting. Just the basics - it was mostly to be a hands on class for the ladies who are taking my quilting inspirations class at Ruti's, but others have attended. I must remember to tell them that this is NOT my regular class that I teach - well it is sort of, but I actually teach TWO classes on machine quilting - one is the basics including the talk on needles and thread, and many other techniques and the second one is free motion. While those two are somewhat hands on - this one was to be strictly hands on - but did you know that there is way more to machine quilting than actually working on the machine. If you don't know how to baste, or choose the right needle and thread combo, set up your sewing machine, practice the designs on paper - you will never learn to machine quilt properly.  Oh yes - by the time I get started to machine quilt - I have spent considerable time before hand prepping. That is why most of my machine quilting classes are NOT hands on!!!!

Anyway - that meant that I had to get the studio ready for the class to have room.

One set of work tables
The second set of work tables

But a couple of hours after they left - this is what it looked like.................

First set of work tables


The second set of work tables!!!!!

And this isn't even the stuff that I took off them originally. Nope - that was neatly stored into two Ikea bags and a couple of Chubby Charmers.

Stored stuff!!!!!!!
Nope - all that stuff came off MY sewing table. I needed to get some work done and I had to clear the space so I emptied my sewing table................


My sewing table - clear at last

Had to empty the cutting mat

And the ironing board!

I have two more classes tomorrow so guess what - if I can't process all that stuff tonight, it will go back on my sewing table. Mind you - some of the stuff is things I used for the class so those will need to stay accessible.

Pauline brought over her latest show n tell - a scrappy quilt which is super simple to sew yet looks very complicated. Can you figure out how she made it????

Pauline's scrappy quilt
 And there is one in every crowd. Look what Zildi wore for the class.............


Lovely footwear for the class!!!!
 After everyone left and I took the dogs to Tim's. I didn't even buy anything for me - just for them!!!   Then it was back home and back to work.


Customer quilt - DONE
Always a big question - how to quilt the embroidery.

Quilted embroidery
And then I had to get back to work on my tie quilt. I am making a quilt for a customer out of ties. It is not big - thank goodness. I did some of the prep work at the retreat and this past Monday. The big question is always - when you sew all those wedges together - will it make a flat circle?  And the answer was YES for both of them. It is appliqued down and quilted.  Just needs to be bound, hanging sleeve and label.


Tie quilt - quilted

 On that note - I see that I am having another stupid allergy day. So far, not a runny nose - just a very sensitive sinus which is insane. Oh yes - it is one of those annoying days.  But no time to worry about it - just charge forward!!!

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment