Saturday, May 23, 2015

Amish with a Twist II homework .......

Amish with a Twist II



Despite the fact that it was a long weekend, we had a great show n tell at Sew Sisters last weekend for Amish with a Twist II by Nancy Rink.


It really is a beautiful quilt and I can't wait for the final reveal. While many have used the fabrics in the kit which are solid, there are a few that have used tone on tones and some very wild stuff - it will be interesting.


The homework was to make FIVE Mosaic star blocks. Here is what we ended up with. The middle block, top row is from the kit.



Mosaic Star blocks


You can see that some of them don't have a lot of contrast. One of the blocks sits in the center of the quilt and the other four sit in the middle of the dark diagonal band.  So it isn't too critical that there be lots of contrast.  The owners of the blocks will have to decide whether that will be important to them.


More mosiac star blocks

Emily has a very wild combination of blocks with fussy cut centers. I love it!!!!!!

  Isn't that exciting!!!!!  


I am always on the lookout for new patterns that we can split up and do a bit each month.  I have lots of ideas, and of course new ideas come out all the time.  There is a NEW Amish with a Twist - Number three. Here is a picture of it.  I do believe these images are from Electric Quilt 7 - they are NOT actual quilts.    I will try to find a picture of the real quilt.



Amish With A Twist III: Best of Friends
Amish with a Twist III




























Well it took a few minutes, but I FOUND the picture I was looking for..............

Amish with a Twist III on the quilting machine (picture from Nancy Rink on Facebook)


I also found this picture on Nancy's Facebook page.

Nancy Rink booth at Quilt Market spring 2015. Amish with a Twist I, II and III altogether!!!!!


Last year during the Row by Row Experience, someone found these die cut Amish buggies at Yoder's Department Store. Think I might incorporate one into the label on the back.

Die cut Amish buggies


The previous month we had talked about group exchanges including 9 patch exchanges which was all the rage about 10 years ago. Maybe even longer.  I have done several of those exchanges and I have boxes of little 9-patches waiting to be sewn together. Marilyn very graciously brought in not one but TWO 9-patch quilts that she had made as a result of exchanges.    Same pattern - but look how different they are.
The fabric used for the half square triangles is all the same 
The faric used for the half square triangles is SCRAPPY




Sure makes a difference!!!!    Which one do you prefer?????


On that note - I am trying like mad to get everything done before I leave and I better get back at it.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment