Sunday, May 10, 2015

In Control!


Yesterday was an awesome day. Despite the fact that I have a ton of things to do - I was relaxed, I was in control and well nothing could make me have a bad day!!  Not that I am normally stressed, but I do feel pressure which I guess is the same thing as stress!!!!


Well - I was out on my bike yesterday! First time this year outside. I know that is so sad!  Just means that I have to plan better.

It was the kick-off ride for the community rides organized by the Mississauga Cycling Advisory Committee. Check out the rides - they are all short, they touch all the communities within the City, they are fun, there is food involved and well - just nice to learn how you can cycle in the City.

Here are the stats from my ride yesterday (in case you are interested!).  I took TWO bike computers with me because my newest one has acted up the last couple of years. Of course - it worked perfectly yesterday!  All those spin classes made it like I had never stopped cycling except it is way more fun to be outside.

Yesterday we rode from Garnetwood Park to the Airport (GTAA building) and back.   Since the ride itself was only 17 K, I decided to ride my bike to and from the park.  An excellent idea and it was almost 18 K to the park so the big total for the day was 53 K. A short first ride of the season for me, but a first ride!!!


Cyclists on the way to the airport

Enjoying some snacks (thanks to Toronto Pearson for that!)

Mississauga has some pretty extensive cycling trails although many people have no clue they exist.  There is a multi-purpose trail that parallels Burnamthorpe.  I rode that trail yesterday to get to the park and it was great. Only once did I almost plop off the edge of the curb - some of the street corners are a bit tricky.  But it is an awesome trail and a great way to cycle through the city and not ride in the traffic.


The Burnamthorpe multi-purpose trail   (those are the Marilyn Monroe towers in the distance)

It was an awesome day - a bit hot by the time I got home. Who was complaining about the cold weather????

Then it was down to the studio to try and get some quilting done. And things were going great until...........


Ooops - this seam was not sewn properly!
 Since I only discovered it when I was quilting - there wasn't much I could do to fix it. I did overlap the edges and stitched with the machine. I cannot emphasize enough - that seams NEED to be WELL PRESSED. If this person had of done that - she would have discovered this problem.  I don't press tops that are not well pressed.  I put them on the machine like I get them. Seems harsh?  Nope - if the quilt top maker doesn't care to press the quilt, it is not my job. If I am asked to press the top, I will, but I will charge for that. My time is just as important as everyone else's!!!!  


The repair - it isn't noticeable so no big deal

I always seem to run out of bobbin thread when I have this much left to quilt!!!!
 Despite the issues with pressing and that open seam, the quilt came out beautifully.


Customer quilt - DONE
 And I got moving and loaded the next one - a little one and finished that also
Customer quilt - DONE


Haven't been to the mall in a while, but the other day, M and I were there and I had to take a picture of the ball!!!!   Yep  - they are making progress, but boy this part is very slow!

The MALL BALL at Erin Mills Town Center
They are going to love me for that nick name!!!!


Sparky is doing much better however last night we had thunderstorms. I was laying in bed my brain just awake enough to register the distance rumblings of thunder. Then I hear a crash and I jumped out of bed to find Sparky at the bottom of the basement steps.  ACK!!!!!   I had completely forgotten to block the stairs and she had made it almost to the bottom and then slipped the last two. Stupid stupid dog!!!!   But she is afraid of thunder and so she always goes in the basement to get away from it. She was fine - I felt very bad as it was my fault.

I don't know how to manage her and the stairs. She is not supposed to be on them and can't really navigate them on her own, yet she loves to be in the basement especially with the humidity that we have now.   ACK - having a geriatric dog is a LOT of work.

But  I love her and we will work out the situation. This morning I had my phone with me in the forest and took some pictures. I told them to sit and stay and this is what happens. As soon as I brought out the camera - they had NO interest in me.


"Good" dogs that are supposed to be sitting for a picture
The trilliums are out in full force. Hard to see in this picture, but the forest floor is littered with trilliums. So beautiful.

Trilliums in bloom

Squirrels were also out everywhere. There is one running up that big tree

Sammy got to chase TWO raccoons up trees this morning. She was very happy. That is her in the middle bottom and raccoon is the black ball up the tree. 



And I have to STOP!  Just STOP prepping stuff.  I have become obsessed. I have bags and bags of projects that are ready to be sewn. Instead of sewing when I have a few minutes - NOPE - I am cutting.  Help me.............................


On that note - I have loads to get done today and I had better get started. It is going to be another long day!


Have a great day and a SUPER MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment