Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Ond day closer......................


Every day I am one day closer to going on vacation!   This is the most stressful time of the year - the week before vacation.  I don't know why I feel compelled to get things done that have languished for months but I put so much undue stress on myself it is silly!!!   Perhaps I feel that I will enjoy the vacation better knowing that those things are done?  I just need to schedule better!!!!   However making good progress on the quilts - the one from yesterday is almost finished on the long arm.

Not that I need another project to work on EVER and certainly not that I need to prep another project but when I was at Sew Sisters this past weekend, Judy has made another block from the book - Farm Girl Vintage. And I LOVE IT.............

Farm Girl Vintage by Lori Holt



Two blocks made by Judy


Yesterday the girls had to go to the vet for their annual heart worm blood work. Sparky is cleared to travel!  Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!   But as the dogs were riding in the back of the car, I was contemplating exactly how much room they really need to travel and how much I could fill with my stuff!!!!!   Not that I am prepping anything else, but how much of what is prepped can I stuff in there?????



One more quilt done and a few more to go!  This one was a bit of a challenge - only because it is HUGE and there is a cute little flange in the borders.  Don't get me wrong - I love flanges and I think they add a lot to a quilt - they are just a bit of a pain to quilt around! Takes a bit more time, but so worth it.


Customer quilt - DONE


The best news - the rest of the quilts to be done before I leave are much smaller than this so it is doable to get them all done. Yeah!!!!   And I am making good head way on finishing that book before Saturday.

At the same time, I am trying to pack a bit of stuff to take. Not too much - I don't want this to be a jam packed vacation, but I want enough stuff so I have variety should I even choose to sew. As if!!!!   But I realized that I will have to take cutting mat, ironing board and iron as that won't be provided where I am going.  And no one that I can borrow stuff from - unless I take a walk over to Robin's house. No worries - I already have a nice little stack of stuff including reading material, doodling material.

But I better get a handle on my little supplies box. Since I don't have a nice Tupperware one like Maureen............




Maureen's sewing box
Actually - I have THREE sewing tool boxes. Of course - one isn't good enough!!!   One is in my Monday sewing bag, one sits by the sewing machine (just to keep things tidy) and the other sits in a drawer. Why???  I've no idea.

Three sewing tool boxes
So the one that I am taking is now well stocked, cleaned all the jumk out of it. Loaded with needles and thread, rippers and snips, blades, iron cleaner.  Oh yes - it is well stocked.


Well stocked sewing box
The over flow supplies box - I'll take that as well - it has more thread, bobbins and tape!
The one by the sewing machine - which also has snips, rippers and awls - just not in this picture!


I managed to get one more pet mat done.  So many more to make, but all in due time!!!!!


Pet mat




On that note - I am out of here. A super busy day and I have paper work that is now screaming at me to get done. That will have to wait until late tonight when I am back home.

I am in the process of organizing classes for September - if there is anything that you would like to take as a class - let me know.  And I am searching out patterns for our year long projects - so if you have any ideas there - let me know that too.   Perhaps we should do the Farm Girl Vintage????   It is super cute!!!!!   And I so need to work on a quilt with busy backgrounds. That is my challenge to myself!!!!


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. I'd be up for the farm girl vintage at the sew sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about a tuffet? Not sure if they have supplies here but I've seen a lot on FB and I want to make one. Also want to do Farm Girl.

    ReplyDelete