Monday, May 4, 2015

Overloaded circuits!!!

Let's just say that last week was insane!  Yesterday was the icing on the cake and it wasn't cake that I could even enjoy!

Thank goodness not all days are like yesterday because I wouldn't last long.

The day started bright and early as I went down town (well almost down town) to drop off water station stuff for the Goodlife Marathon (which started at 7 AM).  Yes - I should be very thankful that I had other stuff that had to be done - so I got the easy job - just dropping off tables, chairs and what not. (didn't have to stick around to do the garbage run!)

My volunteer T-shirt!

If everything had gone smoothly - it would have taken no time at all, BUT - I did not have wire cutters to clip the clips on the hoses - DESPITE the fact that I asked and was assured that they were in the truck. BUT when I arrived at the first stop - the wire cutters were not there. I also was not informed that there were T-shirts to be dropped at each spot.

Second stop - again no wire cutters and NO HYDRANT open for the water. And I can't get a hold of my contact on the radio and my phone is in the car back at Ontario Place.

Third stop - again - no wire cutters and now the police have the entire road blocked because of a serious accident that I had passed on our way to Ontario Place.

I get the wire cutters, inform someone in person about the hydrant and back in my car to drop off the T-shirts and cut the clips with wire cutters.  Let's just say that I got my exercise as I ran around to get all that done!!!!


While I was doing that task, I decided that I had another thing that I needed to fit in my day. Sparky has not been well the last couple of days. One day she was fine - the next day not so good.  So I sat at the dog hospital for a couple of hours. It turns out that she has vestibular disease. Symptoms include head tilting, very unstable, stumbling, falling down, loss of appetite and general confusion.  Poor Sparky.   Although she does look adorable with her head tilt!!!   It is a bit of a challenge to look after her. She can't get up well, doesn't want to go for a walk. Prognosis - this should clear up on its own, but if it doesn't, well............   we won't go there at this point. That thought has been hovering in the back of my mind for the last five days and I am about sick, but I'll do what is best for her. I love my Sparky!!!!



Sparky!!!!

Then when we finally got back home, I was too late to attend the full service at the church where we sew. There was a special service for people who use the facility. But I went for the after service chit chat and to meet those from our group that did go.  What a shock when I saw Paula exit the service as part of the choir!!!!!   What?????   Well she had arrived early and since she used to sing in a choir - they commandeered her!!!!   Shoot - I am doubly sorry that I missed the service!!!!!!!!

Off to teach a class on machine quilting where the class peppered with me with so many questions that we didn't get a lot of sewing done, but I think they all went home very happy and that is what counts. They have homework to do so will see how much gets done before the next class.

Lastly off to the Brampton Quilt show to help tear down. Here is a picture of the only quilt that I put in the show. I knew that time would be very limited for me to finish more  and I was right!!!!!

Thank goodness tear down was fast and easy - many hands make light work and I want to send a  BIG BIG BIG thank you to EVERYONE who helped. It made the job so easy.

My tractor quilt

 To make matters even more complex, my parents have agreed to move. WHAT?????   I am in shock and certain that hell has frozen over!   So I am trying to collect some information to help them with their decision making process as there are several options available to them.


When I got home - I was craving a sprite so I had one. Didn't enjoy it beyond the first couple of sips, but I drank the whole thing anyway.   Haven't had one in a long time - I felt that with that kind of day - that I deserved to be naughty!!!!

I did nothing all evening - well I did sort through the two boxes of magazines that I brought home. They were going in the dumpster and I had my eye on a couple of issues, but had to take the two boxes to get what I wanted.  I found some back issues of Quilter's Newsletter that I didn't have - and it is NONE of your business what I am doing with them!!!   There is a box of magazines that I don't want and they will be going in the recyling bin - a bit more to go through and I'm done!!!

On that note - it is time for sewing today and I need a quiet day!!!!


Have a great day!!!!!


Ciao!!!!

1 comment:

  1. One of my brother's mini schnauzers had vestibular disease last summer. The vet had us give her the less drowsy type of Dramamine. It seemed to help. She's much better now but still has the head tilt.

    Stash Overflow

    ReplyDelete