Thursday, May 7, 2015

Technology 1 - Elaine 0

That is what happened yesterday. I had edited all the pictures and ready to post. I even started writing the post and then because the computer was SO SLOW and wouldn't load the pictures (actually I think it is more of a Wi-Fi issue), I decided to reboot the computer. Then it was 9 AM and time for embroidery and well - I had to teach after that, came home, and went to bed. Completely forgot to post! Oh well!!!!!


Anyway - here is what I was going to write about yesterday.

I don't panic and I don't worry, but I do hate those days that are just insane. You are running from one thing to another. Here's the kicker - I DO NOT plan for those days to be like that. Yes - I should say no to some of the things, but this past Sunday was  - well it was just a silly day.  I guess I had better keep a better eye on my agenda.

However the good news is that yesterday was a calm day. I had no appointments, I could do whatever I wanted and I did. Well - almost.  But a day like that is enough to recharge me and I am ready for the next marathon!  Although this weekend is looking very tame compared to last weekend.


First an update from the backyard.  I was in the kitchen (yes - every once in a while I am in there - doing what - I have no idea) and I saw something fluttering in the back yard. Had a quick peek and grabbed the camera.


Ducks in the pond

A little preening going on

Just chilling on the side of the pond

Ah - time for a nap

Those darn ducks were in the back yard for a couple of hours.  Splashing in the pond, then sat on the edge for hours. They don't seem to go after the fish - in one picture which I didn't post - you could see the fish and the ducks.  But notice how quickly those lily pads are growing!!!!

And look what has bloomed in the forest.


Trilliums

More trilliums


Sparky update. She is getting better!  She is still unstable, has a bit of a head tilt, but able to get up on her own and move around. And guess what she did this morning (Thursday) when I came home. She BARKED. She has not barked in a week - it was almost like she had forgotten or her brain wasn't working properly.  This vestibular thing throws off the brain. But she barked - just once, but well - I am still cautious, but she is making improvements. Yeah Sparky!!!!!


Sparky on the weekend!

In between all the craziness of life, I am managing to get some quilting done.


Customer quilt - DONE

Customer quilt - DONE


I had decided a while back that I would work on the Spirit of the Pioneer mystery from the Black Creek Pioneer Village - designed by Sherri Hisey of Border Creek Station.  Do you want to see my progress????


Got 12 of these blocks complete

Got 6 of these blocks complete

And still have a bag of bits!!!!!


I did have a quick peek and I think I still have a bit more cutting to do. ACK!   Oh well - it shouldn't take too long to get it assembled now. There are a LOT of pieces in that quilt, but then - that is the kind of quilt that I like so I should just be quiet!!!!

Now when did I empty out my in-box?????   About a week ago???   Well guess what - there are well over 700 messages in the silly thing. I go through e-mail every day - trying to pick out the most important ones and the rest I would like to review, but just don't have time. Perhaps I should set some time aside every day and what I can't do - I should toss?????   ACK!!!!!!


Anyay - I do have some paperwork to get done today, more quilting and well - just going to be another busy day.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment